Community

Memorial Day Observed at Live Oak
Community

Memorial Day Observed at Live Oak

By Susan Motander The Allied Veterans Council held its annual Memorial Day remembrance at Live Oak Cemetery in Monrovia on Monday. In her opening remarks, Janine Coyle, Secretary/Treasurer of the group, noted that it was the 100th anniversary of the entry of the United States into World War I. She displayed a flag she had found…

The Monrovia Music Fest Is Back
Community

The Monrovia Music Fest Is Back

One of the largest music festivals in the San Gabriel Valley returns to Monrovia on Sunday, June 4. The fourth annual Monrovia Music Fest will take place at the Library Park Memorial Fountain on 321 S. Myrtle Ave. in Old Town Monrovia on Sunday, June 4, from 12-7 p.m. The event will feature a diverse…

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/25/17)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/25/17)

By Pam Fitzpatrick I dropped by City Hall this morning to pay my business license, so I’m legal – whew!  And, while I was there I did some checking on upcoming changes to Old Town.  Here’s what I found… Today, according to our Planning Department, is the final City inspection for our newest bakery (which…

Calling All Veterans
Community

Calling All Veterans

By Pam Fitzpatrick If you’re a veteran, or a family member of a veteran, this event is for you! On Saturday, June 17, the National Guard Armory at 1351 W. Sierra Madre Ave., Azusa, CA 91702 will host the 6th Annual Veterans Forum. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and Programs at 8:30 a.m. and will…

Mr. Monrovia Flies to Myrtle Avenue and Beyond
Community

Mr. Monrovia Flies to Myrtle Avenue and Beyond

Hal Leavens (a.k.a. Mr. Monrovia) took to the Monrovia skies last Thursday as the result of a winning a contest. No, Leavens wasn’t piloting the vintage WW11 Stearman Bi-Plane. It was none other than Gabe Lopez who was the pilot and took off from San Gabriel Valley Airport around 11:30 a.m. Thursday morning so…

Community

Monrovia Days Recap – It Was as Splendid as Ever

Photos by Rick Keshishi Hundreds of Monrovian’s showed their civic pride this past weekend and enjoyed the Monrovia Days festivities which included a parade, carnival and lots of fun activities for children of all ages.  While the parade was much smaller than in years past, it was no less enthusiastically welcomed.  Even the partially restored…

Monrovia Weekly Launches Exciting Transformation
Community

Monrovia Weekly Launches Exciting Transformation

By Terry Miller As many of our regular readers and advertisers will note, there have been some subtle, albeit, significant changes in both our print edition and notably our corresponding websites. The Monrovia Weekly launches an exciting transformation in hopes of providing a more enhanced look. Our creative and spirited graphics and production team has…

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/18/17)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/18/17)

By Pam Fitzpatrick If you’re like me, those scrolling cable news updates at the bottom of the screen make you scream at the TV. Just when some person (who is famous to everyone but me) is saying something of substance, that scroll rolls across the bottom telling me in a one-liner everything else I need…

Obama Freeway Proposal Passes State Senate
Community

Obama Freeway Proposal Passes State Senate

Senator Anthony Portantino’s proposal, SCR 8, to name the segment of the CA-134 freeway between the Glendale CA-2 and the Interstate 210 Freeway the “President Barack H. Obama Freeway,” passed the State Senate with overwhelming bi-partisan support with a 34 to 1 vote. The resolution now heads to the State Assembly.   President Obama began…

Community

Monrovia Days This Weekend

Monrovia Days is the annual community birthday party where all Monrovians gather together to celebrate our talented youth, honoring the scholars and champions from Monrovia Unified School District. This year, the Monrovia Days celebration will be a two-day event held Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21. The City of Monrovia, the Monrovia Unified School District, and…

1 27 28 29 30 31 43
EDITORIAL CALENDAR
October 2018
M T W T F S S
« Sep    
Follow Us On Instagram