Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (2/2/17 Issue)
Columns, Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (2/2/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick If I’ve learned anything in my life, it’s this: if you want to be heard, you have to be vocal, and persistently so. It’s useless to sit back and feel left out, angry, disenfranchised or even worse – disengaged. You have to communicate. But even the most vocal among us need…

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/26/17 Issue)
Columns, Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/26/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick Hello – it’s sunny today and I’m delighted. I know we need the rain (we are still in a drought!), but there is just something so joyful about the sun … It is now time to meander through Old Town again and I recommend stopping at Myrtle Tree in the 400…

Adopt a Pet Segment Introduces at Monrovia City Council
Community

Adopt a Pet Segment Introduces at Monrovia City Council

By Susan Motander The Monrovia City Council introduced a new segment at its meeting on Jan. 17: Adopt a pet. Representatives from the Pasadena Humane Society brought 6 year-old Chihuahua, Tiny Tim. The dog is available for adoption at the Society. They can be reached at 626-792-7151. The pets available for adoption can be viewed on their website…

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/19/17 Issue)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/19/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick A nice, but visibly angry gentleman approached me during this week’s filming in Old Town and asked me a simple question: “What does all of this do for the citizens of Monrovia?” He wasn’t in the mood for an explanation, and I totally understood his frustration with the inconvenience –…

Dreams for Our Children
Community

Dreams for Our Children

A Monrovia Community Public Art Project Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. To honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and all of his contributions to establishing a better society here in America, the City is coordinating a two-part community public art project centered around the theme of, Dreams for our Children.  The first part…

Monrovia Old Town Report ( 1/12/16 Issue)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report ( 1/12/16 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick  It’s the second week of January, and the new year — at least in Old Town — has begun in earnest.  One of our first activities will be the Disney filming of “Magic Camp” next week.  Set up and staging will begin this Saturday and Sunday, the 14th and 15th.  Part…

1 31 32 33 34 35 41
EDITORIAL CALENDAR
August 2018
M T W T F S S
« Jul    
Follow Us On Instagram