Community

Monrovia’s 7th Annual Fountain Falls Run
Community

Monrovia’s 7th Annual Fountain Falls Run

Get out your running shoes, because the 7th annual Fountain to the Falls Run and Walk and health fair is coming soon.  The 6.38-mile out-and-back race, from the Library Park Fountain to the Canyon Park Waterfall, is being coordinated to take place on Saturday, May 13, at 7 a.m.  This annual race will start at Monrovia Library…

St. Luke’s Monrovia Presents Final Evensong
Community

St. Luke’s Monrovia Presents Final Evensong

St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Monrovia will present the final Evensong performance of the season on May 21, at 4 p.m. at the church, 122 South California Avenue at Foothill Boulevard in Monrovia. A wine and cheese reception in Guild Hall will follow the public performance, and a freewill offering will be taken. “Evensong … is a…

Monrovia’s Vintage Seagrave in Monrovia Day Parade
Community

Monrovia’s Vintage Seagrave in Monrovia Day Parade

The Monrovia Firefighters Association is working diligently to save the vintage 1917 Seagrave Fire Engine that served the city 100 years ago. The Seagrave is fully equipped and has water pumping capabilities, chemical firefighting capabilies, as well are being able to carry the ladders and other equipment. The engine still needs a little help even…

Resistive Homeless Response Plan – Real Change Movement
Community

Resistive Homeless Response Plan – Real Change Movement

Directed giving campaign program being developed As you may recall, the city has developed a revised approach to addressing the expanding and evolving criminal element that has developed during the past few years in Monrovia’s resistive homeless population. While our initial response to the issues has been complicated given changes in State law – and…

Monrovia Firefighters Serve Pancakes at Annual Breakfast
Community

Monrovia Firefighters Serve Pancakes at Annual Breakfast

Monrovia Firefighters will serve pancakes at annual Pancake Breakfast May 13, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., at Fire Station 101 loacted at 141 East Lemon Avenue. The annual event is terrific, and for $5 (the proceeds of which will be donated towards local Monrovia charities), you’ll be able to eat as many pancakes as you…

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/04/17 issue)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/04/17 issue)

The power went off at my house early this morning, and though I had to dress in the dark, the fact that I couldn’t watch the news was a good thing – something I should try more often. The peace and quiet was rather nice – no one fighting, taking sides, making mountains out of…

Monrovia Old Town Report (04/27/17 Issue)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (04/27/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick We’ll start out this week with some potential good news for those bemoaning the loss of Parchment, the 400 block, west side, coffee shop that has seen several owners in the past few years. Hopefully we’ll know more next week, but for now all I can say is that a successful…

Monrovia Old Town Report (04/20/17 Issue)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (04/20/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzgerald Back in the black and white days, somewhere in 1998, Dr. Spencer Johnson published a book called “Who Moved My Cheese?” The subject matter involved dealing with life’s changes without having a nervous breakdown. I never read it, but today, in colorful 2017, I need a copy… It’s bad enough that…

1 32 33 34 35 36 47
EDITORIAL CALENDAR
December 2018
M T W T F S S
« Nov    
Follow Us On Instagram