Community

Old Town Report (11/18/16 Issue)
Business, Community

Old Town Report (11/18/16 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick Lots of folks are asking me what I think this holiday retail season will be like. Will shoppers be spooked because of the election? Will they be encouraged because of the record stock market highs? Any other year I’d jump in with my prediction, but this year I’ve sworn off predictions…

Monrovia H.S. Singers to Bring Holiday Cheer to Retired Teachers
Community

Monrovia H.S. Singers to Bring Holiday Cheer to Retired Teachers

The California Retired Teachers’ Association number 71 (CalRTA) will be treated to harmonious holiday sounds from the Monrovia H.S. Camerata Singers at a luncheon meeting on Friday, Dec. 9 at 11:30 a.m. The singers’ performance will include a sing-along of “Joy to the World” and other traditional Christmas music. Under the direction of well-known…

Brighten Up With Annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Parade
Community

Brighten Up With Annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Parade

The city will be kicking off the festivities on Thursday, Dec. 1 with the annual tree lighting and holiday parade event. As you may recall, each year leading up to the event, the city selects a parade theme and a grand marshal for the event. This year, Monrovia will celebrate our past by having a historic holiday themed parade….

Monrovia and VFW Honor Veterans
Community

Monrovia and VFW Honor Veterans

On Nov. 11 The City of Monrovia and V.F.W. are co-sponsoring a Veterans Day ceremony at Library Park at 11 a.m. Veterans Day, which was known as Armistice Day until 1954, is commonly confused with Memorial Day. The difference? Memorial Day was established to celebrate the lives of veterans who have died while serving…

‘Pot, Public Safety and Prison’ With Mayor Adams
Community, News

‘Pot, Public Safety and Prison’ With Mayor Adams

Proposition 57 featured prominently in the discussion This past Thursday, Mayor Adams served as a panelist as part of a town-hall style meeting hosted by the Southern California News Group (SCNG). The event, which was titled, “Pot, Public Safety, and Prison: How California’s Ballot Propositions Impact Our Community,” featured a discussion on Proposition 64,…

Old Town Report (11/03/16 Issue)
Columns, Community

Old Town Report (11/03/16 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick Gee whiz…..just a few more days until this election is over, and I can hardly wait. The national mood – no matter which side you are on – is not good, and it’s amazing how that “not good” translates to not good for business. Let’s face it; fear isn’t good for…

Monsters Meander Myrtle Avenue Monday
Community

Monsters Meander Myrtle Avenue Monday

To quote our illustrious weekly columnist…“Halloween was last Monday, and if you needed some stress relief, that Old Town event would have done it. The kids – the families – the dogs and cats! And has anybody else noticed that the costumes are far less gory these days? One of my Halloween helpers…

Monrovia Cub Scouts are Emergency Ready
Community

Monrovia Cub Scouts are Emergency Ready

More than 25 Cub Scouts from Monrovia Cub Scout Pack 66 (Tiger, Wolf, Bear and WeBelos Dens) were educated in first aid, CPR, bleeding, emergency recognition and prevention, caring for injuries, choking response and what to do in emergency situations along with splinting on Oct. 17, here, while in the process of earning Emergency Preparedness and…

This Home on the 200 block of N. Canyon will fright or delight, morning, noon and especially at Night
Arts & Entertainment, Community, News

This Home on the 200 block of N. Canyon will fright or delight, morning, noon and especially at Night

They’re creepy and they’re kooky, Mysterious and spooky, They’re all together ooky, The Hamilton Family     Their house is a museum Where people come to see ’em They really are a scream The Hamilton Family     This Monrovia home is decorated with classic horror mixed with some really silly stuff not unlike…

1 32 33 34 35 36 39