Monrovia holds an annual Home Holiday Decorating Contest with several different categories. Applications to participate are due by Friday, Dec. 14. This will give participants’ “inner elves” plenty of time to prepare.
The various awards include the following:
- Best Still Display – Decorations with no movement.
- Best Outdoor Display – Overall outdoor decorations.
- Most Effective Use of Lighting – Outdoor lighting display.
- Best Decorated Outdoor Tree – Holiday tree must be in front of the residence.
- Best Neighborhood Effort – Street(s) with many homes decorated in a similar theme.
- Snowman Award – Best display using one or more snowmen.
- Children’s Choice Award – Best display that depicts a youthful theme.
- Santa’s Workshop Award – Best depiction of Santa’s workshop in decorations.
- Holiday Spirit Award – Most festive display.
- Judges Award – Judge’s choice.
- Tim McKeehan “Best of the Season” Award – Best overall holiday display in the contest.
Applications can be found on the city’s website or at the Monrovia Community Center. They are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 14 and the contest judging will take place on Monday, Dec. 17 after 5 p.m. Decorations must be visible from the street, as judges do not exit the vehicle to view decorations.
All applicants will be entered in the Holiday Home Decorating Contest Map. Award winners will receive a yard sign to display and be recognized during the City Council meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, at City Hall in Council Chambers. For additional information, contact the Public Services team at (626) 256-8246.