Monrovia Days is the city’s annual community birthday party where Monrovians gather to celebrate our talented youth and the Scholars and Champions from Monrovia Unified School District. This year the Monrovia Days celebration will be a two-day event held Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, May 21, … the City of Monrovia, the Monrovia Unified School District, and Centre Stage have coordinated to bring back the carnival.
Pancake Breakfast event, a Parade honoring our Scholars and Champions from MUSD, performances by our youth, Carnival food… and of course the famous Pie Eating Contest!
Are you interested in being in the Monrovia Days Parade? The Monrovia Days Parade will start at 10 a.m. on Myrtle Avenue at Chestnut Avenue, and will head north on Myrtle Avenue to Library Park. Priority will be given to Monrovia Youth Based Organization.
If you have any questions, please contact the Monrovia Public Services Department at (626) 256-8246!
Monrovia Day Schedule of Events
Saturday May 20th
- 8 am Pancake Breakfast and the beginning of the performances in the Park
- 9 am Opening Ceremony
- 10 am Parade Begins (performances suspended during the parade)
- 11 am Carnival begins, the Beer Garden will open and more performances in the park
- 3 pm Company B (a tribute to the Andrew Sisters) performance
- 5 pm pie eating contest
- 7 pm Headline Band performance with dancing under the stars
Sunday May 21st
- 11 am – 6 pm carnival & beer garden open
- 4 pm headline Band