The biggest experience in the world dedicated to cat culture and pop culture returns
CatCon, the biggest cat-centric, pop culture event in the world dedicated to all things feline is back for a fourth time, on Aug. 4 and Aug. 5, at Pasadena Convention Center.
CatCon is the ultimate platform for cat lovers around the world. The convention welcomes more than 170 exhibitors, anticipates over 16,000 attendees. Through its highly-anticipated talent roster with names that include Lil BUB, Ian Somerhalder (“Vampire Diaries” and Netflix’s upcoming “V-Wars”), Georgia Hardstark (“My Favorite Murder”), Moshow the Cat Rapper, The New York Times best-selling author Gwen Cooper, Cats of Instagram, and up and comers Merlin Ragdoll, Waverly McTinybeans, Sir Thomas Trueheart, and many more, CatCon has an engaged social media reach of over 58 million.
Part expo, part symposium, CatCon informs, educates, and entertains thousands of feline fans with the latest in groundbreaking and innovative products and ideas for cats and their people. To date, the annual two-day immersive experience has seen nearly 45,000 attendees, helped 327 cats find their forever homes, donated over $143,000 to cat organizations, and was named by The Wall Street Journal in “Beyond Comic-Con: 5 Other Cons You Should Know.”
Beneficiaries of this year’s event include the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, Lil BUB’s Big Fund , Kitten Rescue LA , and Milo’s Sanctuary .
Highlights for this year’s event include:
- A first-ever public conversation about cannabis and cats, “Cannabis and Cats: What You Need to Know Meow,” sponsored by MERRY JANE (launched by Snoop Dogg and entrepreneur Ted Chung ).
- A nouveau pop art themed Adoption Village, inspired by Cat Art Show LA.
- Meet and Greets with Ian Somerhalder, Lil BUB, Cats of Instagram, Merlin Ragdoll, Coby the Cat and many others throughout the weekend.
- Activations like a special do-it-yourself catnip toy bar provided by Cuteness.com, and a giant art bar from CatCon where you can create a myriad of feline “catsterpieces.”
- Workshops covering everything from making your own cat furniture with engineer Mac Delaney to the latest information on the best food for your cat from experts, The Two Crazy Cat Ladies.
- Eight seminars throughout the weekend, including “Men and Cats, a Love Story,” moderated by Georgia Hardstark, “From Rapping to Trapping” with Sterling “Trap King” Davis, and the return of the “Furrocious Fashion Face-Off,” where attendees go head to head on the catwalk to win the title of “Most Furrocious” in the realm of kitty cosplay.
Two dollars of every ticket goes to Ian Somerhalder Foundation as well as 50 percent of the meet and greets Mr. Somerhalder will participate in on Aug. 5. A portion of all proceeds from meet and greets will go to Lil BUB’s Big Fund, Kitten Rescue LA, and Milo’s Sanctuary.
Full program can be found at catconworldwide.com.