Monrovia is the place to be this holiday season. There are so many different things happening throughout town, including a Holiday Sing Along, Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides, caroling and loads of fun events at the Library. Let them know that you’re joining them for all the holiday festivities by using #MagicOnMyrtle when sharing your pictures. All are encouraged to view the most up to date list of activities on the Old Town Holiday Calendar.
On Dec. 5, the City of Monrovia will present the annual Holiday Parade. At 6 p.m., the event will kick off with a special performance by Centre Stage and the parade will begin at 7 p.m., traveling north on Myrtle Avenue from Chestnut Avenue to Palm Avenue. The Holiday Parade is sponsored by the Monrovia Old Town Advisory Board.
Holiday Sing Along in Old Town
We will be holding a Holiday Sing Along for carolers young and old, musically gifted and tone-deaf. All are welcome. Come for the tunes, and stroll along Myrtle afterwards for shopping and dessert. The sing along will be taking place on the 400 block of Myrtle Avenue on Friday, Dec. 6 at 8:15 p.m.
Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides
To help celebrate this holiday season, horse-drawn wagon rides will be available in Old Town Monrovia on Thursday and Sunday evenings in December. The wagon rides will be offered on Myrtle Avenue for $5 per person on first-come, first serve basis and is sponsored by the Monrovia Old Town Advisory Board. The wagon rides will be offered on the dates listed below:
– Sundays, Dec. 8, 15, & 22, 3 – 6p.m.
– Thursdays, Dec. 12 & 19, 5 – 8 p.m.
Breakfasts with Santa in Old Town Monrovia – Every Saturday in December. See locations below:
– Dec. 7 @8 a.m. at Peach Café
– Dec. 14 @8 a.m. at Jake’s Roadhouse and 10 a.m. at Monrovian Restaurant
– Dec. 21 @8 a.m. at Peach Café and 11 a.m. at Rudy’s Mexican Restaurant
– Dec. 22 @10 a.m. at Myrtle Tree Café
Special Holiday Events at the Monrovia Public Library in Old Town Below:
– Santa Storytime – Youth Services Area (All Ages): Friday, Dec. 6, 6 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 a.m.
– Holiday Sounds – Library Lobby: Saturday, Dec. 7 @1 – 4 p.m.
– Toddler Winter Ball – Community Room: Wednesday, Dec. 11 @11 a.m.
– Star Wars Day – Library Park: Saturday, Dec. 14 @12 – 4 p.m.
– Friends of the Library Monday Movie Night – Community Room: Monday, Dec. 16 @6 p.m.
For more information on the events and activities taking place during the holiday season, please call the Monrovia Community Center at (626) 256-8246.