The Monrovia Fine Arts Association (MAFA) is inviting amateurs, families, students and professionals to register for ChalkDemic and spread art from the driveway or sidewalk of your home while competing for prizes. It is free to all Monrovia residents (including families) and to professional artists anywhere.
The theme is open but MAFA suggests competitors create displays celebrating the joys of living in Monrovia.
This event will award $50 gift certificates to Old Town Monrovia merchants. MAFA will award a total of six prizes: one each to the top three Monrovia resident entries and top three professional artist entries. Prizes will be from merchants and restaurants chosen by the Chamber of Commerce in a random drawing.
Chalk art process and entry submittal:
- Use non-toxic chalk and make your creations on your sidewalk, driveway or driveway apron in front of your home.
- Let your creation weather away naturally. Do not wash it away with a hose.
- Make your creation through Aug. 2, 2020.
- Submit two photos of your entry: 1) one of you or your group with your work and 2) one just of your work. To be considered for judging and publicity, both photos must include a printout of the MAFA logo that will be sent to you when you registering.
- Deadline for photo entries is midnight on Sunday, Aug. 2. Email them to email@example.com and be sure to include your name(s), contact email address and phone number.
- Share your creations and process on your social media with the hashtag #ChalkingTheTimeAway.
Email event chair Frank Zgonc at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Air-Tro Heating and Air Conditioning is sponsoring this event.
To register, click here.