Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!
Community

Join Arcadia Weekly in Fighting Against Childhood Cancers!

By Kevin Giovani Arcadia Weekly will be attending the 18th Annual St. Baldrick’s Event on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8 PM at Matt Denny’s Ale House Restaurant. Come visit the Arcadia Weekly booth to win cool prizes by spinning the wheel of fortune! What is St. Baldrick’s event about?  What is the reason for…

Monrovia Local Recognized as a 2019 Woman of the Year Recipient
Community

Monrovia Local Recognized as a 2019 Woman of the Year Recipient

Every March, women across the State are recognized for contributions they make in the community they work, live, or worship through Woman of the Year awards. This month, Monrovia Neighborhood Services Program Coordinator, Ariel Tolefree-Williams was nominated and selected as one of Assemblymember Blanca Rubio’s 2019 Woman of the Year recipients, representing Assembly District 48. Ariel,…

Paint N’ Play Hosts Free Prom Dress Drive
Community

Paint N’ Play Hosts Free Prom Dress Drive

Paint N’ Play, Monrovia will be turning its studio space into a small boutique where girls will try on prom dresses and accessories. This event takes place March 11 to May 10, Tuesdays to Fridays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Paint N’ Play Art Studio at 418 S. Myrtle Ave. This prom…

Pam Fitzpatrick Memorial Bench Set to Unveil March 8
Community

Pam Fitzpatrick Memorial Bench Set to Unveil March 8

By Danelle Woodman, Editorial Intern On March 8, the unveiling the Old Town Memorial Bench in honor of Pam Fitzpatrick will be taking place at 10:30 a.m. in front of the Dollmakers store on Myrtle Ave. Fitzpatrick, born March 8, 1947, served the community of Monrovia through various capacities throughout her lifetime and career in…

Monrovia’s Neighborhood Treasures Program Selected as a Neighborhoods USA Award Finalist
Community

Monrovia’s Neighborhood Treasures Program Selected as a Neighborhoods USA Award Finalist

By Isabelle Cruz, Editorial Intern Neighbors U.S.A. (NUSA) encourages networking and information-sharing to facilitate the development of partnerships among neighborhood organizations, government and the private sector for the ultimate goal of strengthening every neighborhood. NUSA recognizes these neighborhood communities with the Best Neighborhood Program awards. Out of over 30 programs that entered this year, only…

Reflections on a Woman’s History
Community

Reflections on a Woman’s History

By Susie Ling, Associate Professor at Pasadena City College We baby boomers were flying so high in the 1970-80s. I was so proud to be a feminist, and I shunned my mother’s limitations. My mother baked, ironed, and volunteered at my school. My mother made paper doll clothes with me, but I was going to…

1 2 3 4 5 54