Community

Proposed Residential Project Set for Public Review at Scoping Meeting
Community

Proposed Residential Project Set for Public Review at Scoping Meeting

Recently, Monrovia staff has been working with the development team at the Richman Group regarding a proposed multi-family residential project located just south of the Monrovia Gold Line Station at 225 West Duarte Road. The project contemplates building a 296-unit multi-family residential project on the +/-3.5-acre site highlighted above. The overall project proposes to construct…

Keeping the Streets of Old Town Clean
Community

Keeping the Streets of Old Town Clean

Photos and Story By Roy Nakano If you frequent Old Town Monrovia in the mornings, you’ll see him picking up paper cups, napkins or other discards with his mechanical grabbing stick in order to keep the streets of old town clean. It’s Bill Curtis, and he’s one of the reasons Old Town Monrovia looks so…

• Behind the scenes during one of the filming days as the Bradbury Seniors prepare for their big role. – Courtesy photo / Royal Oaks Senior Living Community
Community

Bradbury Seniors Hit the Big Screen

Some of the Bradbury seniors at the living community are getting a taste of Hollywood stardom as background actors in an upcoming movie. Some of them waited their whole lives for the opportunity, and now they’ll see themselves on the silver screen as “The Hero” premieres this month. The film, which stars Hollywood heavy hitters…

Monrovia Old Town Report 6/08/17
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report 6/08/17

By Pam Fitzpatrick I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of very friendly faces this week; topic of course, was one of my favorites – Old Town Monrovia. The New Horizons senior club is one of the many amenities offered by the City of Monrovia’s Community Services, and one of several senior-oriented groups….

City Of Monrovia Launches New User-Friendly Website
Community

City Of Monrovia Launches New User-Friendly Website

The City of Monrovia has launched its new user-friendly website, harnessing smart design and a powerful search engine to help users more easily find the information they need. The website is organized to prioritize our most-visited pages and access to online services, such as paying your utility bill and signing up for recreation classes. The…

Monrovia Police to Participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Community

Monrovia Police to Participate in Special Olympics Torch Run

The Monrovia Police Department will be participating in a Special Olympics Torch Run this Thursday, June 8, 2017.  Monrovia PD representatives will be picking up the Special Olympics Torch on June 8, 2017, at the intersection of Myrtle Avenue/Live Oak Avenue.  From there, Monrovia Police Officers will carry the torch for 5.41 miles through the City…

Memorial Day Observed at Live Oak
Community

Memorial Day Observed at Live Oak

By Susan Motander The Allied Veterans Council held its annual Memorial Day remembrance at Live Oak Cemetery in Monrovia on Monday. In her opening remarks, Janine Coyle, Secretary/Treasurer of the group, noted that it was the 100th anniversary of the entry of the United States into World War I. She displayed a flag she had found…

The Monrovia Music Fest Is Back
Community

The Monrovia Music Fest Is Back

One of the largest music festivals in the San Gabriel Valley returns to Monrovia on Sunday, June 4. The fourth annual Monrovia Music Fest will take place at the Library Park Memorial Fountain on 321 S. Myrtle Ave. in Old Town Monrovia on Sunday, June 4, from 12-7 p.m. The event will feature a diverse…

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/25/17)
Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (05/25/17)

By Pam Fitzpatrick I dropped by City Hall this morning to pay my business license, so I’m legal – whew!  And, while I was there I did some checking on upcoming changes to Old Town.  Here’s what I found… Today, according to our Planning Department, is the final City inspection for our newest bakery (which…

1 31 32 33 34 35 48