86.2 F
Monrovia
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Home Community Page 51

Community

Homeless Issues Update at City Council Meeting

A significant online discussion regarding homeless issues in Monrovia has been occurring on Facebook during the past few days. Given this development, the city is planning to coordinate a homeless issues update at our March 21, 2017, meeting, where they will provide an overview of...

Monrovia Old Town Report (3/16/17 Issue)

Who is the mysterious Easter Bunny? Pam has a few ideas... By Pam Fitzpatrick While the rest of California is getting used to the time change, I, on the other hand, am getting used to my brand-new laptop and its wonky keyboard, which is my excuse if...

This St. Patrick’s Day, Plan Before You Party!

Remember: impaired driving, drugs and alcohol can kill! St. Patrick’s Day has become one of the nation’s favorite holidays to celebrate and party. Unfortunately, too many people are taking to the roads after drinking, making the holiday one of our most dangerous. According to the...

Public Invited To Tenth Annual Women’s Evensong Invitational at St. Luke’s Monrovia

St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Monrovia will present its tenth annual Women’s Evensong Invitational on Sunday, March 19, at 4 p.m. at the church, 122 South California Avenue at Foothill Boulevard in Monrovia. The public performance will spotlight the women of the choir, along with invited guest...

‘My Own Story’ Workshop Slated March 23 in Temple City

A young Latina yearns for her absentee dad’s attendance at her quinceañera. A Chinese immigrant student’s emotional conflict over leaving his homeland. Two best friends’ hilarious bonding over an “illegal” substance. A young Mexican American boy’s tribute to his loving influential father. These are but...

Monrovia Old Town Report (3/9/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick It’s almost spring – Sunday ushers in Daylight Savings Time – and I love the energy in Old Town. Projects that were on hold for the holidays and delayed because of the rain are now in full swing. The construction at Copper...

Public Is Invited to Monrovia Home Energy Tours Showing How Homes Can Become Energy Efficient Using Statewide Rebates

March 12 and March 26 Events Showcase Upgrades that improve home comfort, efficiency, resale value The Energy Network will present Home Energy Tours: Home Upgrade in Monrovia to help homeowners learn about available statewide rebates for home energy upgrades and see first-hand how Monrovia homes...

Save the Seagrave Fire Engine

Photos by Terry Miller / Beacon Media News Did you know … the city currently has access to a 1917 Seagrave Fire Engine that started its life serving the Monrovia? At some point, the Seagrave left the service of the Monrovia Fire Department; however, it...

Monrovia Old Town Report (2/23/17 Issue)

National Cabbage Day deserves flowers? Pam didn't think so; she looked at Google to find the answer! By Pam Fitzpatrick I was having my usual Old Town breakfast last week when a very happy friend stopped by my table and asked me if I knew what...

Flag Stands to Provide for Safer Crosswalks in Old Town Monrovia

The yellow flags will hopefully create a safer crossing situation through Myrtle Avenue By Susan Motander The Monrovia Old Town Advisory Board (MOTAB) has initiated a Flag Stand Program in Old Town with a trial run starting this week in the middle of the 500 block...
GET THE AMPS UPDATE

Get the new localized e-newsletter from Arcadia Weekly with news from Arcadia, Monrovia and Pasadena.

We respect your privacy.