86.3 F
Monrovia
Friday, February 28, 2020
Home Community Page 53

Community

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/26/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick Hello – it’s sunny today and I’m delighted. I know we need the rain (we are still in a drought!), but there is just something so joyful about the sun … It is now time to meander through Old Town again and I...

Adopt a Pet Segment Introduces at Monrovia City Council

By Susan Motander The Monrovia City Council introduced a new segment at its meeting on Jan. 17: Adopt a pet. Representatives from the Pasadena Humane Society brought 6 year-old Chihuahua, Tiny Tim. The dog is available for adoption at the Society. They can be reached at 626-792-7151. The pets...

Monrovia Old Town Report (1/19/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick A nice, but visibly angry gentleman approached me during this week’s filming in Old Town and asked me a simple question: “What does all of this do for the citizens of Monrovia?” He wasn’t in the mood for an explanation, and I...

Keep Monrovia Beautiful Using the Bulky Item Pick-Up Program

Athens Services wants to help you ring in the new year by helping you get rid of old furniture and other bulky items. So don’t forget … all residents are provided with two free bulky item pick-ups per calendar year. To schedule a bulky...

Assembly Member Seeking Nominations for Woman of Distinction Award

Assembly Member Holden’s Office has requested nominations for the Women of Distinction award that his office is presenting in 2017. In honor and celebration of Women’s History Month in March 2017, Assembly Member Holden will be selecting one woman from each of the cities...

Dreams for Our Children

A Monrovia Community Public Art Project Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. To honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and all of his contributions to establishing a better society here in America, the City is coordinating a two-part community public art project centered around the...

Monrovia Old Town Report ( 1/12/16 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick  It’s the second week of January, and the new year -- at least in Old Town -- has begun in earnest.  One of our first activities will be the Disney filming of “Magic Camp” next week.  Set up and staging will begin...

Disney Studios Set to Film Magic Camp in Old Town Monrovia

Walt Disney Studios is using Monrovia for a feature motion picture being produced called, “Magic Camp.” The movie is about a group of middle-school aged kids who want to be magicians and go to a camp to learn tricks. Ultimately, the kids decide to...

California Public Utilities Commission to Hold Public Hearing in Monrovia

Hearing on proposed water rate increase The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will hold a Public Participation Hearing (PPH) covering California American Water’s General Rate Case increase request on Wednesday, Jan. 18 at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel at 700 W. Huntington Drive in Monrovia. The...

Old Town Report (01/05/17 Issue)

By Pam Fitzpatrick Sometimes the big news is what didn’t happen, more than what did… So, let’s start with a few things that didn’t happen in Old Town… It didn’t rain after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. I’m sure you all heard my sighs of...
GET THE AMPS UPDATE

Get the new localized e-newsletter from Arcadia Weekly with news from Arcadia, Monrovia and Pasadena.

We respect your privacy.