If you’ve said yes, you can submit your application for a sustainable landscaping program. Through this program, residential water customers may enter their sustainable landscape to showcase efforts to conserve water. As part of their Water Conservation efforts, the city’s Sustainable Landscape Recognition Program provides Monrovia residents the opportunity to showcase their drought tolerant landscapes in an effort to promote water conservation. For more information please visit or call (626) 932-5575.
In order to qualify for this program, the project area should include:
– Drought-tolerant area should be in the front yard visible from the street.
– No more than 50% of your landscape should be turf.
– No more than 30% of your landscape should be non-permeable, such as concrete.
The city encourages you to include:
– Drought-tolerant plants, such as succulents or other cacti, and plants native to Southern California.
– Installation of drip irrigation or rotating nozzles.
– Permeable hardscape such as decomposed granite or permeable pavers Inclusion of mulch areas.
– Please complete the application and attach three photos of your landscape.
– Qualified participants will be recognized by the city and receive a one-time $25 credit on their water bill.