The library has partnered with the County of Los Angeles Military and Veterans Affairs Office to coordinate an on-site Veterans Service Officer (VSO). The officer is now available in the Monrovia Public Library’s Veterans Resource Center on Mondays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. You may call (626) 256-8294 for an appointment.
The VSO is available to provide assistance to veterans and their families in preparing and submitting claims and in representing claimants before the federal, state and local agencies providing veterans benefits.
These services and benefits include:
– Service Connected Disability Compensation for injuries/issues related to military service.
– Non-Service Connected Disability Pension/Aid and attendance benefits for certain wartime era Veterans.
– Education benefits for Veterans and children of Veterans with service connected disabilities.
– Veteran Designation on California Driver License and ID Card.
– Life Insurance.
– Healthcare benefits and enrollment in the VA health care system.
– CalVet Home loans and VA loan guarantee benefits.
– California specific veterans benefits including: college tuition fee waivers.
– Burial benefits.
– Upgrading discharges that are less than Honorable.
– Information and referral to other programs that may be beneficial to Veterans and their families.