With increasing concern over COVID-19, the Monrovia Unified School Distrtict (MUSD) has closed all school fields and sites for play as of Monday, until further notice.
According to message from the district, the decision is designed to slow the spread of COVID-19 and support the “Stay at Home” order from Governor Newsom and the “Safer at Home” order from Los Angeles County.
MUSD encourages everyone to continue to practice guidelines from public health officials:
- Practice social distancing; stay 6 feet away from other individuals.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Do not allow visitors over or let your children have playdates.
- Unless you need services, avoid health care settings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Spend time outdoors – you can walk, hike, or bike if you stay 6 feet away from others.
MUSD also warns against isolating while practicing social distancing. To avoid feelings of isolation, health officials encourage using technology to maintain contact. MUSD has also provided mental health resources for students.