Due to the safer-at-home orders in place for Los Angeles County, Monrovia Unified will provide online academic courses for summer school. The district offers a variety of intervention programs during summer to help students meet grade level proficiency.
K-8th Summer Program: July 6 to July 31
Invitations for Kindergarten through eighth grade summer programs have been sent out. For additional information or questions about eligibility, parents may contact Jennifer Kwan.
Programs Offered for K-8th students are:
- Junior Camp Read-a-Lot: reading intervention course for first grade through third
- Camp Read-a-lot: reading intervention course for fourth and fifth grade.
- Camp Infinity: math intervention course for fourth through eighth grade.
- Middle school Bridge: English language intervention for students grades sixth through eighth.
9th-12th Summer Program: June 11 to July 15
The summer program for high school students is offered in partnership with Citrus College. For enrollment and information on credit options, parents may contact Monrovia High School Summer School Principal Brian Ilharreguy.
- Students can take classes for credit recovery or to get ahead in units. Courses include Integrated Math I, II, and III, World History, Biology, Chemistry, and Economics.
Special Education Extended School Year (ESY):
- Transitional kindergarten through eighth grade: June 8 to July 6.
- Ninth through twelfth grade and adult transition program: June 8 to July 13.
All services will be provided virtually with tele-therapy and virtual classrooms. For more information, contact Director of Special Education Jennifer Johnson.
For more information on summer school, visit moroviaschools.net.