To assist with learning, the Monrovia Unified School District (MUSD) has provided additional educational resources and information that might help students and parents at home. These resources may be found on the Distance Learning Platform parent page. MUSD is also creating a weekly newsletter offering helpful tips and ideas for both parents and teachers.
Spring is usually when students begin testing but there are updates on that front:
- SAT: College Board is canceling the May 2, 2020 SAT and SAT Subject Test administration. Makeup exams for the March 14 administration (scheduled for March 28) are also canceled. Students who already registered for May, whose March test centers were closed, or who do not receive March scores because of any irregularities will receive refunds.
- ACT: The April 4 test has been rescheduled to June 13 across the country.
- Advanced Placement: AP exams are still planned students will take a 45-minute online free-response exam at home. For each AP subject, there will be 2 different testing dates. The full exam schedule, specific free-response question types that will be on each AP Exam, and additional testing details will be available by April 3. College Board will also unlock any relevant free-response questions in AP Classroom for digital use so students can access all practice questions of the type that will appear on the exam. Any student already registered for an exam can choose to cancel at no charge.
Students now have the option of attending free, live AP review courses, delivered by AP teachers across the country, on YouTube.
The California Department of Education also released information regarding statewide testing on March 20:
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP): Testing has been suspended for this year.
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC): The Summative ELPAC test has been suspended for this year. The timeline for the ELPAC assessment has been extended for 45 days after students return to school.
- California High School Proficiency Examination: All students registered for the March test have been reregistered for the June 20 exam or provided information how to request a refund.
- Physical Fitness Test: On hold until our students return to school.
Questions about assignments should be referred to teachers. General questions about the school your child attends should be directed to the school’s administrators via email or phone call.