The Monrovia Public Library has been in talks with Library Market, a firm which provides interactive and user-friendly calendar management software, to enhance the library’s calendar. Benefits of partnering with the firm would include:
- A user-friendly interface that is mobile-friendly.
- Site administrators would be able to easily enter and update program information.
- Software can be used to allow online booking of study rooms.
- Registration is easy for both patrons and staff.
- Software will automatically notify program attendees 24 hours before an event with a reminder email and contact those on a waitlist if a spot opens up.
- Reports and statistics allow staff to see how and when patrons sign up for programs or study rooms (helpful for Library Board or State Report).
- The firm provides training for all staff and a customized manual specific to Monrovia’s library.
- Location maps on event listings to help direct patrons during off-site programs.
- Patrons can easily share events on social media or via email with others.
- Disclaimers, program descriptions, and images can be created and easily attached to multiple programs.
- The firm offers support via phone, email, and their help desk ticketing system.
- Patrons can easily filter events by age group, date, or topic.
The new Monrovia Library calendar is anticipated to go live at the end of June 2019.