Residents who submit a Holiday Home Decorating Contest application and decorate their homes for the holiday season have the chance to be recognized by the City in several decoration categories.
How to Participate
Visit CityOfMonrovia.org or pick up a paper copy of the application at the Monrovia Community Center. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13. All applicants will be entered in the Holiday Home Decorating Contest Map.
The contest judging will take place on Monday, Dec. 16, after 5 p.m. Decorations must be visible from the street, as judges do not exit the vehicle to view decorations.
Award winners will receive a yard sign to display and be recognized during the City Council meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 17, at City Hall in Council Chambers.
The eight categories that will be judged as part of the contest include:
- Best Still Display – Decorations with no movement.
- Best Outdoor Display – Best overall outdoor decorations.
- Most Effective Use of Lighting – Best outdoor lighting display.
- Best Neighborhood Effort – Street(s) with many homes decorated in a similar theme.
- Children’s Choice Award – Best display that depicts a youthful theme.
- Santa’s Workshop Award – Best depiction of Santa’s Workshop in decorations.
- Holiday Spirit Award – Most festive display.
- Judge’s Award –Judges’ choice.
For additional information, please contact the Community Center at (626) 256-8246.