The Monrovia Public Library (MPL) will launch curbside pick-up service on July 6.
Items can be reserved by visiting the Monrovia Public Library online catalog, texting (626) 531-1446 or calling (626) 256-8274, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Reserved items may be picked up, Monday through Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday, noon – 5 p.m. In accordance with public health guidelines, patrons picking up items must practice physical distancing and wear a face covering.
Book Drops on Lime Avenue Now Open
The book drops located on Lime Avenue are now open to collect materials. All items currently checked out are due by July 31. As recommended by health officials, all returned materials will be quarantined before being reissued. Due to the quarantine period, it may take up to a week for items to be removed from accounts upon return.
Monrovia Public Library Online
Ever since MPL closed its doors to limit the spread the COVID-19, the library has continued to offer programs and services online. In addition to providing e-books and homework assistance, MPL also hosted virtual game nights, book discussions and makerspace videos.
Although the library building remains closed to the public, patrons are encouraged to take a look at the digital offerings.
- Brainfuse HelpNow provides resume review, job skills, college entrance test prep and homework help with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing and social studies.
- Libby provides access to e-books and audiobooks.
- Monrovia Strong was created to share different resources to help the community get through these challenging times.
- RBdigital (formally Zinio) gives patrons access to magazines.
- With TumbleBooks, children can enjoy their favorite stories anywhere! This site offers read-alongs, a variety of books in Spanish and French and games.
For more information on the Monrovia Public Library, call (626) 256-8274 or visit the Monrovia Public Library online.