The Santa Anita Family YMCA in Monrovia will reopen on July 6 after closing in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The branch shared and update on social media which read: “As we reopen our doors, please be assured that your safety — and the safety of all our members, program participants, staff, and volunteers – is our number one priority.
“We’re following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.”
When members return they will notice some differences as the Y will be reopening in phases.
Phase 1 guidelines:
HEALTH & SAFETY
- All members must sign new waiver forms.
- All facilities will be professionally cleaned and disinfected prior to opening and after closing each day, and staff will be cleaning all high-touch and high-traffic areas regularly throughout the day.
- All members will have their temperatures checked prior to entry.
- Unless working out, members must wear face coverings (masks) while at the Y.
- Only no-touch water bottle filling stations will be available (water fountains closed).
- Exercise equipment is spaced 6 feet apart.
- Members are required to clean equipment before and immediately after each use.
- Members will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry and exit.
- Members must take their own mat, towel and water bottle.
- Capacity limitations and seating areas are reduced to prevent gathering.
HEALTHY LIFESTYLES ACTIVITIES:
- Cardio and strength areas open for individual workouts.
- Capacity limitations.
- Workouts limited to 60 minutes.
- Pool will be available for lap swim only; one person per lane; maximum time per session 30 minutes.
ACTIVITIES & PROGRAMS
- Day Camp only at designated locations; separated from general membership, no parents allowed.
- All group activities in facilities are closed including all group exercise classes, swim lessons, water aerobics, swim team, Active Older Adults programming, Boot Camp, basketball, volleyball, racquetball etc.
- All programs are closed including youth sports.
- All group exercise rooms.
- Steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools.
- Child Activity Center areas for members.
- Any other area deemed necessary by staff for safety.
- Services not provided: coffee or tea, bath and or workout towels.
Phase 2 will maintain physical distancing protocols while opening more areas and slowly reintroducing group activities.
Phase 3 will see all programs and activities resume but physical distancing and cleaning practices will remain in place.